I have been working in robotics since 2001 on many different types of vehicles.
My CV can be found at denewiler.us/cv.
Currently working on large autonomous ground vehicles as shown by the New York Times. I am responsible for testing and merging new features and improvements into the baseline configuration.
During graduate school I worked on the Stingray autonomous underwater vehicle. I was the software lead for several of the AUVSI underwater vehicle competitions. Most of the code and wiki pages from that project are now hosted at stingray-auv.
I finished my Master’s degree in 2011. My thesis involved state estimation and model-based waypoint following for small ground vehicles. A compiled version of my thesis is available at denewiler.us/thesis.pdf. Source files for my thesis are on GitHub.
I wrote lecture notes in Latex (available on my GitHub page) for several courses:
An empty template for creating lecture notes is available as well.
Previously I worked on projects involving:
- Best Practices for Autonomous Vehicle Configuration Management
- SPIE 2017 Unmanned Systems Technology
- Thomas Denewiler and Mark Tjersland
- Comparison of Visual Odometry Navigation Algorithms for Ground Robotic Applications
- Lee Lemay, Thomas Denewiler, Justin Gorgen, Bo Fitzsimmons and Demoz Gebre-Egziabher
- The Stingray AUV: A small and cost-effective solution for ecological monitoring
- Barngrover, C., Kastner, R., Denewiler, T., and G. Mills
- Joint Collaborative Technology Experiment
- Wills, M., Ciccimaro, D., Yee, S., Denewiler, T., Stroumtsos, N., Messamore, J., Brown, R., Skibba, B., Clapp, D., Wit, J., Shirts, R.J., Dion, G.N., and G.S. Anselmo
- Development of a UGV-mounted Automated Refueling System for VTOL UAVs
- Mullens, K., Burmeister, A., Wills, M., Nelson, T., and T. Denewiler
- Unmanned Ground Vehicles for Integrated Force Protection
- Carroll, D., Mikell, K., and T. Denewiler
- Automated Launch, Recovery, and Refueling for Small Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Mullens, K., Burmeister, A., Wills, M., Stroumtsos, N., Denewiler, T., Thomas, K., and S. Stancliff
- An Automated UAV Mission System
- Mullens, K.D., Pacis, E.B., Stancliff, S.B., Burmeister, A.B., Denewiler, T.A., Bruch, M.H., and H.R. Everett